McMurray order of Red Stars and Whiting True Blues

THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!! I think so too. I wish I had order 100!!!

I guess I'll just have to wait until May for my next batch from Cackle to arrive.
jumpy.gif

Cool, I forgot the Whitings are a feather sexing breed... Here's a chart that should help sex them...

It should be done ASAP, because they grow so fast, by day 3 or 4 it will be too hard to tell...

I couldn't tell from the pics for sure, so I figured you'd have better luck, since you can hold and manipulate them ;)

Oh, but it increases my suspicion that the one with the black specks on its behind is the male... Lol not even my birds and I'm anxious to see them all grown up ;)

Last edited:
Cool, I forgot the Whitings are a feather sexing breed... Here's a chart that should help sex them...

It should be done ASAP, because they grow so fast, by day 3 or 4 it will be too hard to tell...

I couldn't tell from the pics for sure, so I figured you'd have better luck, since you can hold and manipulate them
wink.png

Oh, but it increases my suspicion that the one with the black specks on its behind is the male... Lol not even my birds and I'm anxious to see them all grown up
wink.png

I did not even know that!!! I'm going out to check asap!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new chicks! Thank you for posting pics of the Whiting True Blues. Any close up pics of the bluish one? I also remember reading something about them being feather sexable on the other thread.

Congrats on your new chicks! Thank you for posting pics of the Whiting True Blues. Any close up pics of the bluish one? I also remember reading something about them being feather sexable on the other thread.

Here are some close ups of the grey. If it is indeed a Whiting it's a male.

Here are some closeups of the feathers on the other birds. I believe the white with black spots and the black one are both female, and the dark striped 3 also female. The light striped one and the grey are males, neither of these have as much feather development as the others. I didn't get a close up of the light striped ones wing feathers.

Of course this is only if they are all Whitings

Back
Top Bottom