McMurray order of Red Stars and Whiting True Blues

I really thought the Whitings were going to have single combs. He could be Blue Adalusians, I looked up they are photos and its possible. Time and feathering will tell on that one since they have blue laced feathering. At this point it's the closest thing I have found to what he looks like.

Last edited:
I'm also curious about the striped "male"... I'm trying to find some more info, but I remembered something about Leghorn in the mix. And leghorns are also autosexing, by feather pattern. Leghorn feather pattern is Chipmunk for female, so I'm wondering if that striped one is actually a pullet?... I'll see if I can find any info for sure, but its hard since these are a newer breed...
As far as the striped male goes, he has very different feathers on his wing. They aren't as long or as developed as the girls. Of course if the Blue is a male and all the stripes end up being females I really don't mind.

Another note, looks like blue andalusians have white ear lobes and the whitings have red?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, actually lol, I'm still trying to see the flock photo on the website; it looks like they have white earlobes. They do have white skin, and lay blue eggs, so they probably have white earlobes too.

And the roos do have pea combs, looks like...

I'm in a rush right now, or I would go back through this thread and see if it was mentioned... But you might find some handy info since you now have them in your possession ;)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1053564/true-blue-whiting-info-please

I'm not sure, actually lol, I'm still trying to see the flock photo on the website; it looks like they have white earlobes. They do have white skin, and lay blue eggs, so they probably have white earlobes too.

And the roos do have pea combs, looks like...

I'm in a rush right now, or I would go back through this thread and see if it was mentioned... But you might find some handy info since you now have them in your possession
wink.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1053564/true-blue-whiting-info-please

Yep, I have been reading through that thread. Thanks. The MM photo is seriously lacking. Hopefully they use a better photo next year. Maybe I'll send them one with a polite suggestion that theirs sucks. lol

Lol :D

Somebody needs to ;) That's why I didn't order any, because I was so thrown off by that picture; they added one more of a pullet since then, but it just confused me more. There didn't seem to be ANY birds in focus or at least mature enough to look good...

And there should be z comb style in the description; we shouldn't have to email for it because we can't tell from the picture...

Hello, Murray McMurray, new picture, stat :p

Keep us updated either way, pretty please? Lol, at least me ;) I really am curious on what they will look like and how well they produce. It's becoming obvious that I am going to be waiting until next summer or fall, at least, so that gives me time to watch and see if they're something I can't live without ;)

Lol
big_smile.png

Somebody needs to
wink.png
That's why I didn't order any, because I was so thrown off by that picture; they added one more of a pullet since then, but it just confused me more. There didn't seem to be ANY birds in focus or at least mature enough to look good...

And there should be z comb style in the description; we shouldn't have to email for it because we can't tell from the picture...

Hello, Murray McMurray, new picture, stat
tongue.png

Keep us updated either way, pretty please? Lol, at least me
wink.png
I really am curious on what they will look like and how well they produce. It's becoming obvious that I am going to be waiting until next summer or fall, at least, so that gives me time to watch and see if they're something I can't live without
wink.png
Yeah the MM catalog say single comb I believe. I'll keep updating here hopefully weekly. I'm hoping for good production from the leghorn mixed in.

I also got True Blues. I ordered two males and a whole bunch of girls. Two of mine have more intricate markings (especially on their heads), and are lighter overall, and It looks like one of yours does too. I think those may be the boys. I/m definitely guessing here, tho. I am excited to see what happens with these little cuties!
The exotic - no idea. I got a Partridge Cochin (easy to tell - fuzzy feet). It was beautiful, but that's the one I lost. :-(

I also got True Blues. I ordered two males and a whole bunch of girls. Two of mine have more intricate markings (especially on their heads), and are lighter overall, and It looks like one of yours does too. I think those may be the boys. I/m definitely guessing here, tho. I am excited to see what happens with these little cuties! 
The exotic - no idea. I got a Partridge Cochin (easy to tell - fuzzy feet). It was beautiful, but that's the one I lost. :-(

How old are yours? Would love to see some photos. Did you read about feather sexing these?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom