McMurray order of Red Stars and Whiting True Blues

2 Week photos. Male Female #1 White Whiting Female Female #1 and White girl together Grey suspect Male Black Whiting Female Whiting Female #2 Whiting Female #3 She's looking a little bit motley. She has feathers sticking up weirdly and she looks polka dotted.
Wow look how long those wing feathers are getting! I don't think I've ever seen any of my chicks get such long wing feathers in relation to their bodies. I just have homegrowns now, my Whiting Blues come in April

My SIL has an order coming in April and she threw me in a Whiting male too.  I was very temped to order 25 of them just to get a big sampling of the different color variations.  Does your blue chick look like mine? Mine is pretty yellow on the belly.

My SIL has an order coming in April and she threw me in a Whiting male too.  I was very temped to order 25 of them just to get a big sampling of the different color variations.  Does your blue chick look like mine? Mine is pretty yellow on the belly.

I received my order of 15 WTB's last week (two died but the rest seem okay). The chicks are all kinds of crazy colors! I checked McMurray and they are completely sold out for the rest of the year - Yikes! I am really excited to see how these turn out.

I will not be keeping all 13 so if anyone is in the Boston area and you want some, let me know!

Last edited:
I received my order of 15 WTB's last week (two died but the rest seem okay). The chicks are all kinds of crazy colors! I checked McMurray and they are completely sold out for the rest of the year - Yikes! I am really excited to see how these turn out.

I will not be keeping all 13 so if anyone is in the Boston area and you want some, let me know!
Are you planning to post some photos? I would love to see what yours look like. If we were in Boston instead of Alaska I would take your extras.
smile.png

I'm way behind on my picture taking. We totally skipped the ugly teenager stage and now they look like pretty chickens again. They are living in the coop now and it's hard to get good pictures.
idunno.gif

These two girls have puffy cheeks and the one in the back is much larger than all the rest. I kinda freaked out that they might be americanas because of the puffy cheeks but when I looked at McMurray's photos some Whitings do have puffy cheeks.

This is a female and male with no puffy cheeks.

Black female

White female

And last but not least little grey male. What do you think? Blue Andalusian Or Whiting True Blue??? I don't see white ear lobes but I have no idea what age that would apply to.

Back
Top Bottom