MD-VA question

calicocows

Crowing
Mar 14, 2023
Virginia
Ok odd request - can I introduce my dog to anyone’s chickens (with a leash and through a fence) to see her reaction? Before getting my own chickens I would like to know how she reacts and if she’ll go nuts.

It is an odd request.

I doubt you will get any takers.

Dogs usually are interested in chickens, imho, so it's best that you provide your future chick(en)s with a secure place to live. Once you have everything setup, then you can slowly start introducing your dog to the chickens and correcting any undesirable behaviors.

It is an odd request.

I doubt you will get any takers.

Dogs usually are interested in chickens, imho, so it's best that you provide your future chick(en)s with a secure place to live. Once you have everything setup, then you can slowly start introducing your dog to the chickens and correcting any undesirable behaviors.
I do not plan to let them interact at all without a fence, I’m just worried she’ll never stop barking at them. She’s very reactive to foxes and raccoons so I’m worried she’ll go out and terrorize the chickens through the fence.

I do not plan to let them interact at all without a fence, I’m just worried she’ll never stop barking at them. She’s very reactive to foxes and raccoons so I’m worried she’ll go out and terrorize the chickens through the fence.
Well, it's your responsibility to not let that happen. :)

Once you have everything setup, then you can slowly start introducing your dog to the chickens and correcting any undesirable behaviors.

Back
Top Bottom