MD - Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameracauna eggs

peachick

Songster
12 Years
Aug 8, 2007
Maryland 21787
My girls have been great with giving me eggs. Im getting 2-3 per day, consistantly. At this rate I should be able to sell some eggs after New Years and I wanted to see who was interested in some.
Pen is mixed with wheaten and blue wheaten roosters with wheaten and blue wheaten hens. Photos below were taken when they were about 6 months old. These guys all live up to their breed standard. All have great blue legs, huge beards, and small combs..... not to mention, awesome BLUE eggs. NPIP 51-391

3105034247_01a3a3afc0.jpg

3034762381_326a22a4f3.jpg

3034760313_3587809dd3.jpg

3035597764_d8c0ccc7a6.jpg

Last edited:
Um you now I would like them but can a I get them
lol.png
Maybe silkie girl will go broody for me soon! I hope so! I need more blue eggers I think both blue ameraucana are roosters
sad.png
Maybe next summer or fall I can just buy a few exchequers leghorn pullets and a few ameraucana pullets.

Henry

I'm very interested, please put me on the list. I'm hoping to get some from pasofinofarm too and it would be great to have some genetic diversity!
thanks!
Lynda

OK thanks everyone for your interest. I got ya names now
big_smile.png
This line came frome Jean "pips n peeps" here on BYC, and Im really impressed with them!! I have another line that I will be adding to the breeding mix soon... but these guys just started laying so I want to see what they will produce first. I have outstanding egg color on the other line too, but conformation is not as good. I should also comment that these roosters all have great temperaments.

Henry, You know you are welcome to anything I have... come n get em
lol.png
The Exchequers have not started laying yet... but they are back from molt, so they should start any time. OHHH I almost forgot... I think one of the roos you gave me back is a hen.
roll.png

Ameraucana breeders are working to improve egg color in many varieties. It is very exciting to see that work in progress. Kudos to pips&peeps for lots of hard work and a job well done. Lovely birds and egg color.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats fine I guess enjoy her
lol.png
That would be one confused girl I guess she just was a quick maturer is it the little very dark blue one? The flock is great here if you want a splash or Blue Ameraucana rooster I think I can help you out I am going to wait another week and then see if they make themselves more apparent because there is still a small question about one of them. I probably can't get anything I will just leave my mom with your email for when most of the flock goes broody this spring I would love to have some of your chicks running around with a mother hen down here that would be great I am pretty sure the Marans, Ameraucana, and Silkie will go broody.

Thanks as always you help me out so much,
Henry

Henry

Back
Top Bottom