Me again, goose pricing advice!

KM2H

Songster
May 24, 2021
Hi everyone!! I have a pilgrim goose that lost its boyfriend to a predator a few months ago. She is about 2 years old, she is thriving among the ducks but I feel she would be happier among other geese or at least with a partner. The problem is that my husband doesn't want more geese. I have been trying to swap the goose for some ducklings but no one seems to have the breed of ducks I want (muscovy). If I were to sell her in order to fund the ducks I want, what do you all think a 2 year old pilgrim goose could be sold for? I'm near east Orlando in florida for reference in case it is helpful. I already searched the local Craigslist but I didn't find any geese of these breed, I found some Chinese goose for $75 but I don't know if the breed makes any difference. I don't have much experience with this. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20230201_105033.jpg
    20230201_105033.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 42
Adult geese should be sold around $25-$50, which is a fair price. Goslings from online bought hatcheries are around $20 because of the age and much m,ore factors, adults should be less or around the same price. Anything more than that makes is less likely for someone to want to purchase/adopt her... Plus, it's a lot to ask for when shes a very common goose breed and an adult. Females usually can be sold for a little more than males because they can produce the eggs. You can charge any price you want or feel is appropriate. I've also seen common breed adult geese cost close to $100. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Adult geese should be sold around $25, which is a fair price. Anything more than that makes is less likely for someone to want to purchase/adopt her... Plus, it's a lot to ask for when shes a very common goose breed and an adult. Females usually can be sold for a little more than males because they can produce the eggs. Hope that helps!
Thank you 😊

Considering most goslings seem to be almost 20 bucks for a female, I'd say 25 is low personally for a grown and laying single female
I looked up the hatchery where she cane from and the female pilgrim baby was selling for $66

Wow, the timing on this is crazy. I live about an hr from Orlando and was trying to find more Pilgrim Geese for my tiny flock (3 geese, 2 ganders, yes my ratios are way off hence the search). I've been stalking craigslist to no avail and decided to check here if anyone knew any breeders in Florida when I saw this post. I have Muscovies too. I have a hen on a nest right now that I'm hoping to get ducklings from any day now. My scovies are unusual colored though and not the expected black most of them are (if that's what you're after). I'm not sure of the correct color terms for scovies, but my drake is silver in color. I've got several hens with more of a fawn coloring and one that is a very dark blue. All of them are mostly white with the coloring on their face and back. I believe that's called magpie, but I might be wrong.

As already said, $25 is very low for pilgrims in our area, regardless of gender. I got all of mine for $50 each as a group, which was still a discounted price because it was a group sale with too many ganders.

Let me know if anything could be worked out and I'll try to get pictures tomorrow.

Wow, the timing on this is crazy. I live about an hr from Orlando and was trying to find more Pilgrim Geese for my tiny flock (3 geese, 2 ganders, yes my ratios are way off hence the search). I've been stalking craigslist to no avail and decided to check here if anyone knew any breeders in Florida when I saw this post. I have Muscovies too. I have a hen on a nest right now that I'm hoping to get ducklings from any day now. My scovies are unusual colored though and not the expected black most of them are (if that's what you're after). I'm not sure of the correct color terms for scovies, but my drake is silver in color. I've got several hens with more of a fawn coloring and one that is a very dark blue. All of them are mostly white with the coloring on their face and back. I believe that's called magpie, but I might be wrong.

As already said, $25 is very low for pilgrims in our area, regardless of gender. I got all of mine for $50 each as a group, which was still a discounted price because it was a group sale with too many ganders.

Let me know if anything could be worked out and I'll try to get pictures tomorrow.
Oh my!! I have a lady coming tomorrow morning for the goose all the way from west palm. I am so heartbroken now because I want muscovys so bad and you are so close.
Do you have only muscovys or you have other breeds?

Well shoot, my timing is narrowly terrible then. I've just the Muscovies and Pilgrim geese. I have other animals that aren't poultry, but that's it for birds.

Edit: forgot to mention my single little Black copper Maran hen and Red Ranger hen (she was too friendly to eat). They were keep overs from when I used to have chickens but mostly for eating eggs now.

Back
Top Bottom