Me and my beautiful,wonderful,funny chickens

Barbara l sandoval

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2020
Hi I am so glad u showed in my email.. I could never get tired of talking about chickens ever!! Boy do I ever have some stories for you.. I first got started with my chickens back in 2015 I bought had had shipped to me 5 baby silkies. bowling ball, beauty. Slow poke, shadow.and true... Two days later I was in a feed store and bought a baby duck and another little little chicken she was so ugly lol I named her Bertha .. I felt a connection with her and was afraid no one would buy her. From day one if I came up to her container (I had them all together at first) Bertha would jump straight up at me as if to say hold me .. I did from that day on when I went to their box she would jump up and I would hold her. As the days went by I found myself holding her throughout the day , it just became a habit. When I let the chickens outside into a small incaged space for exercise Bertha would watch and I would put her on the outside of the cage and I would sit and just watch them and laugh my head off.. it’s so funny how they worked out who was boss who was next important and so on that’s how slowpoke got her name she really didn’t care one bit where she fit in cause she was beating her own drum .. I believe Bertha didn’t think she was a chicken she didn’t like chickens and out off all the choices the chickens made on who was who this little little chicken turned out to be the boss over all of them lol lol what a surprise.. I will stop here for now.. more later I have things I must do ......

B35290B1-01B6-469B-88A1-03D86F3FC0D2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom