Me and really bad at math

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sherri has raptors, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Sherri has raptors

Sherri has raptors In the Brooder

Apr 5, 2018
    Hi, I'm almost brand new, chicken mama born in 2/22/18. I wanted to start with 4, I now have 74. Rushing through life to build a big coop. I have one made for 6-8 chickens but needless to say I'm not good with math! I have a variety of breeds since tsc kept insisting I take cute little chicks for ten cents each. Thanks tsc! But I'm addicted, in love with them all from my rir to my little silkie. I'm disabled and live alone on a family farm so they definitely have brought joy and life to my house in the short time I've had them. I'll talk to anyone who will listen about them lol i also have two cats and a dog, sew, make jewelry, stained glass, and whatever else I can think of. Next idea is a garden for my chickens.

It'll be great to meet y'all like minded people, share ideas and thank you in advance for sharing all your knowledge.

venymae, puffypoo22, N F C and 10 others like this.
  2. FrankieDoodle

FrankieDoodle Poppy-Dog

Jul 29, 2017
    California
    :frow Welcome to BYC!!! :woot I also love to make jewelry!

3. Plip

Plip Free Ranging

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Wanted four... now have 74 and counting. Yeah, that's about right.

Welcome to BYC! Great to have you here!

4. Hi welcome to Byc, It sounds like you are in the right place

5. Izzychicky

Izzychicky Songster

Mar 20, 2017
    New york
    Chicken math *sigh

WELCOME TO BYC!!!:welcome

6. tootmany

tootmany Songster

Mar 14, 2018
    SD
    If I was in the countryside, I would prob have the same issue. Welcome to the site :)

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under Sherri :frowWelcome and Congratulations! :clap

You may be really bad at math but you sure do excel at chicken-math! ;) :gig

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may also be interested in these links:

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Get that coop built - they grow fast.

9. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope TSC wasn't luring you into taking their extra male chicks for 10 cents each, I don't trust them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: