Me venting

This is one of those times to just hunker down and let it blow over, I'm afraid...

As long as YOU know what the truth is the rest of can go fry an egg.
Hugs...
My son's a teenager, so I know how hard it can be at school to be on the outs with your buddies.

When I was a teenager, I was kind of a loner, not totally, but becasue I was an animal lover in a culture where there is little regard for pets, I was always "different" so I got to be the scapegoat for EVERYTHING! You would not believe the things I was blamed for and people (even teachers), believed I did. Not because I was wild or bad, just because I was convenient.
I would guess that you were picked to be picked on in this case for 2 reasons: A) the bro was mad a t you for not telling him and B) he is protecting the person who DID tell him (his GF maybe?or he WANTS her to be ?)

Whatever, I learned that in the end it usually sorts itself out and unless there is real damage being done, give it a week and most of it will go away and as someone else already said, someone will brag the wrong thing (or for you the RIGHT thing!) to the wrong person and the truth will come out.

It hurts now, but it WILL get better and blow over. Just be strong and keep your chin up. DOn't go around acting guilty or mad. Just act (as) normal (as possible). If you run around trying to convince everybody of the truth, they will often think you are trying to cover it up. (sad, but true)
Ever hear of the quote: "Methinks thou dost protest too much"?

As for the girl who "tried" to commit suicide. SHE needs to see the counselor! Sometimes someone makes a fake attempt just for attention and then they find out they like the attention. Problem is, they usually will try again and maybe next time, they won't be lucky enough to have someone there to stop them. SHe might not be your favorite person right now, but if the counselor doesn't already know about her attempted suicide, I think you should mention it. It may save her life and will certainly save your conscience if something does happen to her.

Back
Top Bottom