Meal planning and budgeting . . . getting started P.4!!!

I want fish recipes! I tried to incorporate fish about 3x a week, but don't have very many recipes.

I finally got a bunch of spreadsheets, first 2 week grocery list, second two week grocery list, always on hand grocery list, and the toiletries and cleaners... whew!

All done for 1 month, now just have to figure out how to work them with the timing from the co-op and figure out which is the best place to buy them aside from that.
smile.png

sounds like you are doing good! I finished the taxes today whew! so will have some time toplayon the computer tomorrow, I'll get a fish thread started
smile.png

Quote:
Eggs from Roysdaughters would be great. While, she is a looker, I don't really care how they look, I think they're all so beautiful in their many variations! It's the awesome egg-layer aspect I'm most into.
wink.png

Yes, I want the recipe, a fish thread sounds great, and no I haven't found the bean thread. I found the tuna recipes, though.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I tried to access the link to the spreadsheet, and all I get is the title 13 week spreadsheet. Maybe I am doing it wrong, or haven't found what to click on.

I love the idea of menu planning. I spend way to much at the grocery store. I only buy what is on sale, but I can never seem to get out of the store for under a 100.00 or more. It bugs me because it's only me eating here during the week. Most of the time DH is gone M-F for work. So I only really cook on weekends. I also need to cook multiple dishes at the same time to freeze. Both if the kids and their spouses have times when they need to have food that they can just heat up. I have a list of dishes that freeze well or even one or two that get better with time in the freezer. I now want the kids to bring the groceries and the dishes, to help me out when I am cooking for the freezer dinners.

I having been baking my own bread for the past couple of months. I found a recipe that is a no knead bread. It is so simple and takes very little time to make. It has only 4 ingredients in the recipe. I always end up with more than I can use in a week, so the girls love it when I give to them.
D.gif

Well I need to check out your tuna and bean recipes. Dh and I eat to much red meat and not enough fish. Uf Da!

justbugged - I will look in to the spread sheet, I posted it so long ago it might take me a bit. If you like the sound of my plan give it a whirl, start with just one day a week until you get used to it then add another . . . etc.

vegaschick - I could send you some of my super layer eggs . . .
smile.png
I will look for the link to the bean thread.

WMR - fish thread started
smile.png

Thank you for the reply. I will work on planning for a day. I must say that I usually work off of the "What sounds good at the moment" theory for the most part. I do meal plan for weekends, but even that can be hit a miss depending on what comes up during the days.

Back
Top Bottom