Meal worms vs. Black solder fly larve

My turkeys will be 3 months old in a few day and always seem like they are starving. I switched them from the 30% game bird formula to a mixed grain scratch-which still says it is for turkeys- and supplement them with mealworms, soldierfly larve, grass clippings and vegetable and fruit scraps. Should I still be adding the 30% game bird mix?
They can't live on scratch and treats I would give the 30% as sole ration and feed scratch and other things as treats

In Florida the Dubias are illegal to possess from what I hear from reptile fanciers, although by in large people raise them anyhow. The concern is that they could escape and harm the ecosystem. Not that almost every other roach in Florida isn’t introduced. All of the pest species are exotic. Our big native roach is the palmetto bug, which looks like a hissing roach. We also have some native leaf litter and dirt type roaches. Most people who move here from elsewhere call the big American roaches “palmetto bugs” but those are not the same thing.

I have a strong fear of cockroaches, but the slow ones like the Dubias don’t scare me or gross me out.

Back
Top Bottom