Mealworm farming

what do you mean by mishapen beetles? I have some with a wing that is not quite right once in awhile, but it doesn't seem to keep them from their business...

what do you mean by mishapen beetles? I have some with a wing that is not quite right once in awhile, but it doesn't seem to keep them from their business...
Well, some beetles have a weird wing, but also, sometimes the beetles only seem to morph half way, so they end up being half pupa/half beetle that just lays on its back and wiggles for its entire life and progressively shrivels up.

Hello all,

I have found the following nonsense on Craigslist and thought you would get a good chuckle out of this. Unbelievable and sad what people do to get money out of unexperienced other people's wallet:

Copied and pasted:
Currently I have laying beetles available, they can produce thousands of eggs generating plenty of mealworms for your pets or livestock. You will receive 2 beetles male & female to produce thousands of mealworms through their lifetime. 

- Easy to take care of.
- Only require oatmeal for beeding/food & any vegetable for their water source.
- 2 Mealworm Darkling Beetles M/F

Hello all,

I have found the following nonsense on Craigslist and thought you would get a good chuckle out of this. Unbelievable and sad what people do to get money out of unexperienced other people's wallet:

Copied and pasted:
Currently I have laying beetles available, they can produce thousands of eggs generating plenty of mealworms for your pets or livestock. You will receive 2 beetles male & female to produce thousands of mealworms through their lifetime.

- Easy to take care of.
LOL...how much did they want for a pair of 'breeding beetles'?

Hello all,

Copied and pasted:

- Easy to take care of.
Holy cow. I'm going to find that post and send the seller an angry message. I have been a victim to these sorts of things before, and it's not fun.

thats a funny listing for sure...lol
lau.gif

Well, some beetles have a weird wing, but also, sometimes the beetles only seem to morph half way, so they end up being half pupa/half beetle that just lays on its back and wiggles for its entire life and progressively shrivels up.

I have some that only have wing covers on one side. I noticed that they don't have them as they are pupating ether. If you look carefully you will see the wings are folded forward under their legs.
I am also getting beetles that don't seem to have a back end on them and their back legs are missing, also their wing covers stick out to the sides. Both types don't live long.

Back
Top Bottom