Mean Barred Rock Gender?

Also he is not mean he is just keeping the pecking order in line its normal fro chicken to move a chicken out its called the pecking order and I would not mess their order if I were you :D
that's so true! I have reservations about having a rooster around small children though so I was hoping that if we did have a rooster, that he would be more docile.

that's so true! I have reservations about having a rooster around small children though so I was hoping that if we did have a rooster, that he would be more docile.
I will say, that may actually be a good thing. I'm currently struggling with a rooster who was overly friendly as a chick, but is on the verge of being quite naughty. Around kids, I would think a fearful rooster would be best.

They're all docile, until they're not. With children, adult supervision is advised.
Amen! This is 100% fact.

Thankfully many of them are not human aggressive but there are many factors that come into play. Some of them are just man fighters/biters/human aggressive. I have some from both camps. The first year/first Spring as a mature bird, they can change in a matter of seconds. I keep the mentality of never trusting a cockerel but you can't show them any fear or hesitancy. They feed on this. If his actions are already making you nervous, I'd be absolute certain to keep a very close (protected) eye on him and keep the kids at a safe distance. Hopefully he'll be respectful of humans but only time will tell. I wish you the best

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom