Mean Barred Rock Gender?

Boy. Male with barring gene get 2 copies of the barring gene. This makes for wider bars. Wider white bars makes them lighter in color. Of course, he’s got a red comb of decent size for 7 weeks too.

I SWORE my BR hen was a cockerel when she was that age. Well, for up until it was obvious she was a hen actually. She had a large red comb from early on. Like way before the others. She was the only BR though, so i didnt have more of her breed to compare her to. She was feisty and sassy! She had every indication of a cockeral as far as personality and feistiness. When we came to terms that she was infact a she, we named her Bonnie after my feisty, sassy, bossy granny, lmao. She is the COMPLETE opposite now that she is a mature hen though. She is the sweetest!

1620267575876.jpeg
1620267591665.jpeg

Easter Egger, I k now the comb isn't large but this is the other bird the barred rock tries to size up with all of the time. Any thoughts?

Not good with Eggers, Your size up comment makes me suspect. Red? Very suspicious,
Hmmm ok. Yeah the Easter Egger is very laid back and so is the Red. But the Red is at least a week or 2 older than the barred rock so its way bigger than everyone else so I think its kind of at the top of the pecking order just because of her size.

Back
Top Bottom