Mean broody duck!

The mamas are doing great co parenting lol. They are NOT happy when I come around though. 2 attacked me earlier when I was checking their sectioned off area. Going out there in riot gear from now on haha
That's awesome you have wonderful Muscovy.
Riot gear would b appropriate. lol

Hey all! I have 7 muscovy ducks (6 female and one male) and 2 mallards (both males). 3 of the females are sharing one nest with 12 eggs and they seem to be doing just fine sharing, though I am a little nervous once they hatch. 2 of my other females just started becoming broody on their own nests... BUT... one of them is being so very mean to the female who is not broody (only one who is not broody). Picture is broody mama attacking not broody mama. She has also been doing this to my mallards. Only when she is off the nest. There is plenty of space, food, water and shelter for them all so I have no idea what to do... I really do not want to go out and see an injured duck :( any advice? Is this normal? Should I be concerned about the shared nest? There are spots for all to have their own nest but they chose to share one giant one in the corner of the coop.

Sorry for all the questions!! Just do not want to mess up
i have a real broody duck but i put them in a brooding cage
12 DIY Chick Brooders You Can Build This Weekend! - Rooted Revival

Back
Top Bottom