Mean girl

You can see the small pen covered with a tarp in this picture. The actual coop is towards the other end.
OMG! it's crazy how close our chickens act nuggets sister McChicken is the same way! She's not picking on the younger ones like nuggets but she has been bitchy to the younger ones. One of my younger hens was in the nesting box trying to lay an egg when McChicken barges into the coop and walks up to the nesting box and proceeds to get into the nesting box while the other chick was in there trying to lay an egg and was acting like she wasn't even in there like she was invisible then when the chick that was laying an egg proceeded to make like this Jurassic Park noise to McChicken to get her attention then. McChicken acknowledged her presents and decided to peck her face. luckily I was in there fixing the floor so I could break it up there are three other nesting boxes next to the one that she was in and four more nesting box in the old coupe as well. so there's plenty of places that she can lay eggs and Mcchicken doesn't even lay eggs in a new coop She lays eggs in her old coop. I've been put nuggets in time out. If I catch her breaking any of the rules or being aggressive I pick her up and I go put her in her old coop and I shut the door and I lock her up from anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes and she's not allowed out and nobody's allowed to talk to her. She's not going to have treats and her make chicken can't go there with her so sometimes she comes out calmer and other time she comes out ****ing more aggressive so it's like just depends on. I guess the crime she committed but it's so frustrating because I followed literally everything I've read. I've asked I even took a chicken welfare behavior of course. Just so I could just you know, be better equipped to deal with the chickens and it's like ah and I get made fun of my people cuz it's like those are their chickens. They're not a dog or cat or person but they're my pets that that's that is my. That's my thing like I'm so tired of defending myself when it comes to keeping my chickens as pets and not as a food source

We have a few older hens that will chase the pullets away from the feed, then just stand there and not eat. If I put separate feed out for the pullets, they will chase them away and eat their feed, which is the same feed.
Have even had some Roos that’ll do that for their harems, calling their girls over to eat after chasing off the pullets.

Back
Top Bottom