***MEAN, I MEAN REAL MEAN ROOSTER PROBLEM**

my barred rock is 1 1/2 yrs. old and the only time I've had a problem with him is when my grandson(2 yrs.old) wanted to kiss him on the nose(beak),
I got between them fast, and Rocky just turned around and went the other way. I always talk to him and call him handsome, but I would never let him or my grandson out of arms length. I've never trusted any animal, because that's what they are-animals, but I love them dearly.

omelette'smom :

I'm updating my post about my rooster tugging my pant leg! The little pecker impaled me with his beak yesturday on the back of my calf! He waited til i started to walk away and he slammed me! I wacked him and told him he's christmas dinner if he doesn't watch it! his eyes are soooo creepy and red.....he just looks at you like-----------like a big stupid bird really...His name is Hawkeye and if he doesn't watch it he's gonna have a black eye! i think i made an enemy! My MIL is house/chicken sitting for a week and my FIL has been given the go ahead to use the 22. they're in their 70's and my MIL doesn't need a talon in her leg. I still like my roo and this is the first incident of this level for him so hopefully he holds off his shananiguns till we come home!
somad.gif

whew1 i hear ya'​

I feel your pain - literally
lol.png
My Brown Long Horn Rooster is 9 months old and has decided he just doesn' t like people. How stupid to attack the one that feeds you!! I was feeding them and giving treats and he comes up behind me and "WHAM" - I didn't hesitate I turned around and kicked the crap out of him! He's did it consistantly for 5 days, each time I either kicked or used a stick and "WHAM"! He's leaving me alone these days!!!!
wink.png

Quote:
lol.png
I dont mean to be insulting but i would not waste the time coddling a nasty Roo, if any of my birds attack me they will be in the fryer by supper! My Roo has never done that although he gets upset when i try to pet my favorite hen but only puffs up and stares at me. Even though these birds are pets they are also our food (at least for many of us) I would much rather put a healthy fresh organically raised chicken that I had to kill on my table before any store bought. Cave Man or not we all have to eat and no creature should be allowed to bite the hand that feeds it.

Back
Top Bottom