1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mean Little Booger

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Dewey101, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Dewey101

Dewey101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Elizabethtown,KY
    well my gf has a small RIR chick, maybe 3 months, hasnt grown very much. well it was time to throw her (but i dont think so) in the big run. well it was evening feeding time and i went in there, fed them, and sat down and watched. well i noticed movement underneath my legs and there she was. i reached down to pet and bam, she pecked me. i was like woah,lol. then i reached down again she grabbed ahold of me then proceeded to flog (it doesnt hurt) I was like at this age, I think my gf's she is a he.

2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Ruby my smallest chick, RIR cross, is doing that to me at 6 weeks. She grabs flesh and twists after sneaking up on me. I had started to wear shorts in the coop because of the heat, oh my...I've been yelping very loud over her and she doesn't like that. I don't want to be bullied by hen or roo so I'd appreciate answers too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by