Mean male quail

Abpoultry

Chirping
Apr 4, 2021
Hi, I have a male quail who is being really mean and savage to one of my females, I'd separated him for 2 weeks whilst i was on holiday like someone said to do but after a day he was at it again, he's fine with the other females
Do u think I should get rid of him?
If yes, how would I humanely

I don't think I have it in me to kill him

Another solution that someone suggested was to separated him but let a female in he likes a few times a week. Would that work??

You could try separating the flock into two- one flock of two or three females (including the one that the male bullies) and one flock of the male plus the rest of your females.

Last edited:
I would get rid of him, I see no reason to keep a male that attacks females. If you really must keep him then either get rid of the female he attacks or give him females he is happy with

Are you planning on hatching eggs? If so that would work to keep the eggs fertile.
Yes we were going to, but what I'm worried about is that nearly all day he crows when he's not with them and we've got neighbours and we only have 3 females so don't want one with him the whole time as it will stress her

Back
Top Bottom