Meanest mom in the world....

Well, my 6th grade students are shocked when they find out the consequences for a grade lower than D around here - NO electricity, only for lights, and I think I could have done away with that.

No cell phone, no tv, no computer, no videos, no mp3 player, no cds - nothing other than lights and books and cleaning. NOTHING

It is hard on us too. But the kids learned and pulled up the grades.

Luckily I have not had any "hard core" kids. They would have lost more - what is more? No door to the bedroom, no bed frame, nothing but a dresser and a mattress - might have been an air mattress - but I was never tested that far.

Hopefully my dear daughter, in her last 2 years of HS will not force the issue. But there it is - I am meanest mom yet.

Quote:
Exactly!! I raised an unruly teen daughter by myself...and NOW I am watching that daughter of mine raise HER 4 unruly teens !!!
he.gif

....they say what goes around comes around.....sad but true.
...TOUGH LOVE...practice it now or pay dearly later....
Hang in there you mean mom....your daughter will thank you someday....mine does all the time!
bow.gif
God bless you , mom!

I frequently tell my kids,

"I love you enough to let you hate me when it is in your best interest."

The other morning I did something for her little sister that I had been trying not to do. Older DD asked me why I gave in. I was very tired and unhappy that morning so I simply said, "Sometimes for a parent it is easier to spoil the child than it is to hold fast to the rules."

DD said, "But then they grow up spoiled and boy are they in for a shick when they get old and their bosses won't spoil them."

We shared a hearty laugh.

Then she added, "And they'll get married and their husbands and wives won't want to wait on them and it'll cause big problems!"

I smiled. Every now and then you get a glimmer that they DO hear you.

Hang tough Momma! It's worth it!

I wish more moms were the meanist mom in the world then we would be doing our jobs, I can speak as someone who always got away with anything they wanted to I ended up in a lot of trouble befor I grew a brain at about 20 but by then it was almost to late. I wish someone would have inforced rules with me . Kids need bounderies , not because tehre bad but because impulse control is a learned thing and some kids defently need more time then others to master it and if they dont have parents that truley have there best intrest at heart they can end up in a lot of awfull trouble that can stay with them for the rest of there lives .

I always tell her that her older sister (who was a wild one!!) was my guinea pig to learn the dos and donts on!
lol.png

Then she tells her sister, "I wish you had been better behaved because then I could get away with more!!"

Quote:
I said the EXACT same thing to my oldest daughter, she would ask why did you let sister #4 get away with that, you NEVER would have allowed me to. I told her you were my guinea pig. Now she, the oldest , will be finishing up her PHD in Psychology next year. They had to take a break from the internship due to they are having their 1st child in August. ITS a girl and already as stubborn as she was. Could not get her to position right for the ultrasound. HA HA HA.

God job mean mom.
I am a mean mom also, you can ask my 4 daughters.

Well . . . coming from a mean mom with lots of experience . . . I would advise watching for MY SPACE/ FACEBOOK/ IM to replace the cellphone during online classes
smile.png

Quote:
That is good advice. I have FB and MS accounts to keep track of the teenager. He was posting his cell number for the world to see. There was trouble for that. No phone and no computer.

Back
Top Bottom