Meanie donkey

LittleBigBantam

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
My donkey hates my chickens!!:lau

She will chase them around and sometimes chases them around her paddock, and not letting them leave. Is she playing.... or trying to end their existence?

:yuckyuck

Hard to say...
My donkey hated EVERYTHING smaller than him, besides fox. He'd try to stomp the cats, the dogs, but would let foxes run through the pasture and just stand there and watch them. I got my donkey when he was 11 years old though. It is best when they are babies to get them accustomed then to the animals they need to protect and not harm.

Hard to say...
My donkey hated EVERYTHING smaller than him, besides fox. He'd try to stomp the cats, the dogs, but would let foxes run through the pasture and just stand there and watch them. I got my donkey when he was 11 years old though. It is best when they are babies to get them accustomed then to the animals they need to protect and not harm.
Shes almost a year old so she'll probably fine. Shes scared of our coon hound but despises our little wiener dogs. She doesnt necessarily STOMP them, and shes quite careful not too. But her favorite pass time is deffinently chasing around our poor chickies

She will flatten them if she gets a chance. Maybe chasing chickens is her idea of fun.

Does she have a playmate? All donkeys need a donkey friend. She could be trying to kill your chickens or play with them. When try to kill they will stomp quite fiercely, and their intent is quite clear. Running, bucking, and trying to bite is probably play.

Does she have a playmate? All donkeys need a donkey friend. She could be trying to kill your chickens or play with them. When try to kill they will stomp quite fiercely, and their intent is quite clear. Running, bucking, and trying to bite is probably play.
She has a mini gelding to play with. And now you mention it she does just buck and nip them. I'm sure she wouldn't kill them. Shes the sweetest creature in planet earth... unless she's mad

Donkeys are emotional creatures. Can your chickens get away by slipping under a fence or hopping up on stuff?

Back
Top Bottom