measuring humidity without hygrometer

quailraiser16

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 20, 2014
I'm from the Philippines and i was planning to raise my own flock of quail again.
big_smile.png
as of now i have 4 female quail because the other's were killed by my neighbor's dog
hit.gif
, so i ordered new 100 pcs of quails i wanted to raise more quails but buying repeatedly could be more expensive than raising your own chicks. so i wanted to build my own incubator in case that my females are not broody. i watched several videos on how to make one and provided the materials, but i can't find a hygrometer. all hardwares & stores near our area doesn't have a stock. are there anyways, options or alternatives to measure the humidity of my incubator? or do i really need to get that device?
idunno.gif
sad.png

Last edited:
With that many eggs I think you really would want to be as precise as possible, and the size would make it impossible to guess how much water is necessary. Do you have a credit card or PayPal? If so, Amazon.com has great stuff. You probably need four or more thermometers for measuring different areas in your large incubator too.

This is a great question! People all around the world hatch quail in a variety of climates. With the climate in Malaysia being so humid, it would be good to keep an eye on it. I've done a quick search and found some articles on how to make a hygrometer to measure humidity. Here is quite good:http://www.chrononhotonthologos.com/misc/hygromtr.htm
And there are some youtube videos etc.
Please let us know what you sort out to measure this. I'm interested in how you get on!

Back
Top Bottom