meat bird all in pricing

They are doing great and getting huge so fast! We have only lost one so far. They are a little over 3 weeks and eating like crazy. We are going to move then into the chicken tractor next week.

Sounds good....

I moved my group outside yesterday, they will be 3 weeks old in two days.

The birds are doing great, started out with 103, I've lost 7 so far.

That's not bad numbers. I have to figure out how to build retractable wheels for my tractor still. But other than that it's been smooth sailing
I was going to do trailer jacks but they were pricey! I got these 7$ wheels, plus a few 1$ bolts and a left over 2x4... Does the job.

How do the wheela/posts lock into place?

There is a block on the side that stops the rotating 2x4 from going to far, I will try to get a video showing exactly how if your interested.
the weight of the coop keeps the wheel from going the other way since it's past the middle of the pivot point.

There is a block on the side that stops the rotating 2x4 from going to far, I will try to get a video showing exactly how if your interested.
the weight of the coop keeps the wheel from going the other way since it's past the middle of the pivot point.

That would be awesome, I am trying to grt my tractor rolling today so I can put my birds in it. Thanks for the help

That would be awesome, I am trying to grt my tractor rolling today so I can put my birds in it. Thanks for the help

Currently at work, but if you have a similar design I can explain how I built it.
parts:
4 bolts (size of wheel hole), 4 nuts, washers, 2 2x4 approx 2 to 3 feet in length ( this will be based on height of your coop you want something long enough that you raise your coop a few inches plus then a few inches from the wheel and still tall enough to hit your pivot point. I used the top support as my pivot point but I think you can do something similar using the bottom), 10×2.5 inch wheels (harbor freight or princess auto( thicker or bigger is better imo)
tools drill bit ( thickness of bolt), drill bit to counter sink the head of bolt for wheel.
for this I used 1/2 bolts. 5/8 is fine it all depends on wheel hole
step 1: get a 2x4 that half a foot or so taller then height of coop pivot support. (My coop is 26 inches high used approx 34 inch 2x4)
Step 2: for my 10 inch wheel I drilled a hole approx 5 inches from bottom of 2x4. First you take the bigger drill bit and go 1/4 or so an inch (this is to counter sink the bolt head ) then take the drill bit that is the diameter of the bolt (your shafts in this case) and finish the hole.
now you put your bolt through wheel on the bolt then tighten the nut and washer on the end (you can use washers on both sides if your bolt length allows it ( I used 3.5 inches length bolts..should have used 4 inch I think.)
You should now have a wheel on a stick.
drill a hole at the top of the 2x4 about 1 inch from the top then drill a hole on your tractor top support about half a foot in and center of 2x4

Take the bolt and stick it through the support and the "wheel on a stick " and tighten you now have a wheel that is retractable but won't lock into place.
to make it lock into place you pivot the wheel so it has a similar angle to mine in the video. More is better, then screw in a 2x4X2 block of wood so that it can't go further..once you put the weight of the coop it will lock into place. The weight and momentum of the wheel will swing it in and out of place when you lift.

Sorry I did this on my phone so I am sure there are a ton of errors but hope this helps!
You may need to modify this a bit using spacers so that it doesn't hit your 2x4 support going vertical if you have it on the outside and not inside like I do

Back
Top Bottom