Meat bird gender question

Quote:
I will second that. I don't have the big family,but the one I do have LOVES leftovers.We get more than a dinner and lunch out of one jumbo.
The rooster and hen growth might not be a big deal to some but I know roosters will grow bigger and faster hands down.If they are side by side you'll see the difference in males and females.
I also believe that raised in numbers they are like swine and compete for food and that will also help with growth.
After raising these,I really no longer like turkey. Will
processday.jpg

Quote:
I will second that. I don't have the big family,but the one I do have LOVES leftovers.We get more than a dinner and lunch out of one jumbo.
The rooster and hen growth might not be a big deal to some but I know roosters will grow bigger and faster hands down.If they are side by side you'll see the difference in males and females.
I also believe that raised in numbers they are like swine and compete for food and that will also help with growth.
After raising these,I really no longer like turkey. Will
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj176/willheveland/processday.jpg

THat picture made me hungry
wink.png

We are just finishing up on a batch of 60.

The Roos were processed this past weekend at 7 weeks and when dressed, weighed in at 6-1/2 to 8 lbs. The hens are still growing, seemed to be a couple of pounds lighter on the foot.

All in all Roos definately out grew the hens.

Back
Top Bottom