Meat birds from eggs

because the parents cost a bunch even as chicks and you have to buy about a thousand at a time.

the FRs parent chicks sell for $8 a chick and you have to buy a 1000 at a time from the people that have the chicks.

I am not talking about the parent stock, I am talking about the chicks they have for sale on their website. Can you keep them and hold back some to breed more, or will they die too?

Quote:
All broilers are hybrids, so when you reb-reed hybrids you con't get consistent or predictable results.

With that said, the meatiest birds I've ever been able to make myself were Cornish X Freedom Ranger. They're larger than any purebreed, but still nowhere as meaty or fast growing as an F1 cross hybird. And yes, all broiler genetics are trade secrets and it's closely guarded.

p.s. Editor's note. There are no 'breeds' of chickens and the 'Cornish' and 'Rock' in your jumbo Cornish Cross looking nothing really like a Cornish or a Rock.

Well Darn.
sad.png

You know, I can't even find plain white cornish anywhere. The closest thing I have are white laced red. But I do have some of the red bros on order.
We want to have some birds of our own for back up in case we need to worry about feeding ourselves in the near future. I am sure you all watch the news...LOL!! It is getting a little worrisome, don't you agree?

The economy is worrisome... that's why we stocked up on feed (and household food)... it would be nice to at least have some meat and eggs if there were no more grocery stores.

AMEN!!!!
wink.png

I here you. And I have sold probably 400 chicks this spring, everybody telling me they are worried!!! People should start remembering some of the old forgotten arts. The Burger joint addicted will never survive. LOL

Back
Top Bottom