Meat Chicken cross Egg layer

A cornish cross is the product of a white cornish roo and a white rock hen. Those are aweful looking poor little chicks. I hope people keep an eye on this thread and those photos as an example of "just because you can do something doesn't make it a great idea".

A perfect example of 'live and learn'.
gig.gif

honestly, they are meat birds.. they will not be living too long. Do they have to look pretty? Other than them being ugly.. (less feathers to pluck) and mean.. ok it would definatly be easier for me to kill a mean bird than a super nice lap bird like I am raising now. Kinda like the treads with the mean roos .. They are much cheeper than ordering birds from a hatchery.

I AM TRING THE SAME THING MYSELF BUT NONE OF MY CHICKS LOOK LIKE YOURS MINE ARE CORNISH X HEN WITH A LIGHT BRAHMA STD ROO AND THEY ARE ONLY A FEW MTHS OLD NOW BUT LIKE YOU HOPING TO GET A GOOD LAYER WITH LONGER LIKE. IN MY EXPERIENCE YOU RELLY HAVE TO WATCH WHAT YOPU FEED THE CORNISH X 'S AND THEY NEED A LOT OF EXERCISE. WE HAVE ONE THAT IS 2 GOING ON 3 AND SHE IS BIG BUT IF SHE IS NOT LET OUT ROAM VERY QUICKLY HER WEIGHT GOES UP. GOOD LUCK

Back
Top Bottom