Meat/Layer Breed Club

chicken19

Songster
Jul 16, 2015
Riding my horse
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to the MLBC!
This club is for anyone who adores Meat bird/Layer crosses.
I own three named Beth, Easter and Chanti.
They are wonderful chickens!
Please post and talk about your birds, and whatever else you'd like. But please follow the BYC rules.
Thanks,
Chicken19

Hello!
We own a couple breeds that are meat/egg-layers, but our favorites are the Buff Orpingtons. We have two named Moo Cow and Buttercup and they are so sweet! When we got Moo Cow at six weeks of age, she was not super healthy. She was missing feathers, we discovered her feathers and wings were stuck to her with poop, and her foot was curled over. However, we brought her inside and gave her a bath and loved on her a lot. Now she is about six months old and happy and healthy. She still has her curled foot, but she gets around alright and loves people. Here is a picture of her-

Hello!
We own a couple breeds that are meat/egg-layers, but our favorites are the Buff Orpingtons. We have two named Moo Cow and Buttercup and they are so sweet! When we got Moo Cow at six weeks of age, she was not super healthy. She was missing feathers, we discovered her feathers and wings were stuck to her with poop, and her foot was curled over. However, we brought her inside and gave her a bath and loved on her a lot. Now she is about six months old and happy and healthy. She still has her curled foot, but she gets around alright and loves people. Here is a picture of her-
She is very pretty! I have a Chantecler/Mistral Gree hen called Easter, a Mistral Gree/Barred Rock hen called Chante, and a Mistral Gree/Barred rock hen called Beth.
They all came to me with problems. They all were terriibly infested with mites and they each had their own little problem.
Beth had extremely deep spur marks in her sides from a rooster. Chante has a broken toe. And Easter was sick.
Meat bird crosses tend to have a great personality in my opinion.
I love orpingtons!

She is very pretty! I have a Chantecler/Mistral Gree hen called Easter, a Mistral Gree/Barred Rock hen called Chante, and a Mistral Gree/Barred rock hen called Beth. 
They all came to me with problems. They all were terriibly infested with mites and they each had their own little problem.
Beth had extremely deep spur marks in her sides from a rooster. Chante has a broken toe. And Easter was sick.
Meat bird crosses tend to have a great personality in my opinion.
I love orpingtons!

Thank you, I think she is very pretty too! I enjoyed the experience of helping Moo Cow, not to mention she's not skittish at all with all the handling she got. We are currently nursing a Buckeye who was pecked raw in many places. Most of her body feathers have grown back, but we're still working on her "behind" feathers. She has a couple tail feathers growing and some fluff coming in, so we're hoping that all goes well and the rest grows in.
Your birds sound wonderful! However I've never heard of a Mistral Gree before. And I agree with you that the meat bird crosses tend to have great personalities. :)

Henny1129

Back
Top Bottom