Meat Mutt (wow)

There is blue color hidden in the CornishX birds for sure. Years ago there was a person working on project to bring Blue Plymouth Rock back to good standard and utility. Found a Blue when crossing standard bred Barred with CornishX year prior and used that to improve flock of Blue Plymouth.

There is blue color hidden in the CornishX birds for sure. Years ago there was a person working on project to bring Blue Plymouth Rock back to good standard and utility. Found a Blue when crossing standard bred Barred with CornishX year prior and used that to improve flock of Blue Plymouth.

That would explain the blue then. The rooster in that pen is my CornishXx, and he is doing a fine job.

I got barring from my CX x
I used to have some BSL running around here for eggs so I would guess the barring may have come from them? I just have no idea where the blue came from. I can't tell sex yet and am wondering if it may be sex linked? I may put them in a breeding pen to see what I can get from them.

I used to have some BSL running around here for eggs so I would guess the barring may have come from them? I just have no idea where the blue came from. I can't tell sex yet and am wondering if it may be sex linked? I may put them in a breeding pen to see what I can get from them.
BSL hens don't carry the barring gene. BSL males are barred, BSL females are black or black with bleed through of the father's coloration.

Yeah, dinner never looked so good. :clap

Hahaha, yep. I hate to process some of them because they are just so pretty, but they have to go into the freezer too. Good thing is, once you pluck them you can no longer tell which one is which.

Back
Top Bottom