Meat Rabbits

46DF7762-8CF4-4704-8D04-DDB236F9FD98.jpeg

This girl is a but. She likes being petted, not much for being held. If I don’t pay attention t her she grunts and stomps. If I still don’t pay her any attention she will rattle the cage door. They all enjoy alfalfa and Timothy hay. But don’t get a lot of it. They over indulge.

They are absolutely adorable!!! And they will probably get better about being petted as they get bigger....mine have all been fairly shy and skittish at that age. My buck is now the friendliest! I’m getting a new doe to grow out from that group in the next couple weeks.

I hope they do get better. I don’t want them to over stress when I start breeding them. Also what is the best size nest box for them. I’ve seen several different sizes.

I hope they do get better. I don’t want them to over stress when I start breeding them. Also what is the best size nest box for them. I’ve seen several different sizes.
if you go back down to Ghost MOUNTAIN, take a look at their nest boxes, john builds them. we have a little different set-up for ours being outside. we built a split wooden box in the center of the 2 cages and put a “nest box” divider in the does’ side. we just built a second one out of scrap wood but i don’t think it would work for cold weather. i will post some of my pics and i will try to get some pics/info on ghost mountain nest boxes

Ghost Mountain Rabbitry in Kentucky is awesome. Beautiful animals, wonderful people. I highly recommend anyone looking for rabbits go to them. I drove about 3 hrs one way and will be doing it again.
Do you know their website? The one on Tim Farmer won’t come up. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom