Meat

chicken gal

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 10, 2012
Do chcikens really like meat? It just seems really wired 'cause I've heard people that gave their chcikens meat. I think it is just so wired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chickens are omnivores. I've seen them eat mice, frogs, and small snakes. It's fun to watch them play keep away when they catch something like that. With chickens it sort of Do Lunch or Be Lunch. If it doesn't try to eat them, they're likely to try to eat it.

I sometimes see chicken feed labeled vegetarian or see chicken advertised in restaurants that they were vegetarian chickens. I consider that very weird, basically unnatural.

You bet, as long as they're not too salty or fatty. Ours are crazy for meat in any shape or form! Toss some of it in the pen and it's like the "Chicken 500" with them all racing around.

You can give them more than a piece--we throw a whole turkey (or chicken) carcass in there and it gets picked clean better than piranhas!

Last edited:
Cool. With lunch I normally have turkey in my sandwich. So next time I'll give 'em a piece.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom