Meatie housing question

If I was going to raise 100-200 meat birds at once I would fence in a area with electric net fencing and build a few range shelters. Something that could be moved easily as the ground gets matted. Then before winter roll up the fence a pack away. It would be a pretty good expense but after a few years it would pay off. Will

Quote:
Are you in town? I'm asking because I don't think your tractors would work very well for me.
hu.gif
Too many predators - especially coyotes!
somad.gif

Quote:
HAHA Katy great minds think alike eh?
recyclefarm1.jpg

broilerpen.jpg
IMG00126-20100714-1516.jpg
IMG00036-20100624-2035.jpg
A tractor can be what ever you want it to be or how you build it theres easy designs and theres more complicated. I free range so all my cages come up when I get up and they all go down when the birds decide togo to bed. heres an Idea I was gonna use before I decided to freerange. (not my tractor just giving an idea)
56972_20100520_56.jpg

Hey Ron - You're right my pens are not predator proof. I live in the country, on a lake, next to a river, and surrounded by farm land. We have more predators than you can imagine . . .in fact the only one I think we are missing is a wolf. But for some reason they leave us alone. I've only ever lost one bird and that was to a mink. he was about the size of an oscar meyer weiner with fur and fangs, took out my biggest rooster (and I have BIG roosters) and then stood there growling over it while I went and go the gun and shot him!
I digress, anyway no not predator proof a coyote would take that apart in 2 seconds. In fac the regularly wipe out poor rustysomans birds and she does have predator proof pens . . . who knows.

MM - did you seem my really cool water stand my husband made me? It's in the pic with a 5 gallon nipple waterer on it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom