Medicated Chick Starter

I feed mine unmedicated Gamebird with 22% protein. Same thing that all of my birds get....guineas, chickens and ducks. Makes it easier to keep one feed on hand and not have to figure out who gets what. (I do provide oyster shell free choice for the layers) They are all healthy.

Quote:
9 out of 10 people raise their young keets in a brooder and grow-out pen situation... (the age of Guineas we were originally discussed feeding the starter feed to) in order to protect them from being picked off by predators 1 by one. Not everyone has the setup to let their day old keets run loose, and most that do end up losing a lot of them. Some have a conscience about losing birds to predators, some don't
hu.gif

That is awfully judgmental of you. What makes you think I loose birds to predators and have no conscience? In the past 3 years I have lost one Guinea to an owl. I can live with that. If you want to continue this pissing contest I suggest you do it via PM. You are polluting the tone of this discussion.

No racuda, you're reading me wrong. There is no match of any kind on my part, all I'm doing is pointing out why keets need to be fed high protein. As a Guinea Fowl breeder of quality healthy birds I happen to take their nutritional needs seriously, and sorry if you disagree with what they need, but I'm not an advocate of feeding keets starter feeds containing any less protein than what's been proven to be their nutritional requirement by Veterinarians, Scientists, Universities that study Guinea Fowl and Professional Guinea Fowl Breeders over and over and over, for years and years and years. It's all over the internet and in books. Guineas need higher protein, period. I'm only giving advice that will help people raise Guineas to their full potential.

I don't see where I judged you or that I specifically said you lost birds, I think you're reading way more into this than what I've actually typed.

I feel people ask questions on here to get answers from people more experienced than themselves. I dont think anyone answers a question directly to an individual as much as sharing their knowledge and experience so that everyone reading can learn from it. take what you will and leave the rest. I for one, am thankful to get the good advice from someone more experienced than myself.

Back
Top Bottom