Medicated vs NON-Medicated

Just had a thought... I feed my peachicks 27% turkey started that's has bacitracin in it and my peachicks seem to be quite a bit heavier than ones that belong to other people that feed a 22% chick starter with amprolium. Not trying to make a point, just sharing what I noticed in the 2014 season.

-Kathy

Just had a thought... I feed my peachicks 27% turkey started that's has bacitracin in it and my peachicks seem to be quite a bit heavier than ones that belong to other people that feed a 22% chick starter with amprolium. Not trying to make a point, just sharing what I noticed in the 2014 season.

-Kathy

To be honest they should, with the extra 5% protein alone they should be bit bigger but when you through in Bacitracin Methylene Disalicylate which is an antibacterial feed additive, which is used for improving rate of weight gain and increasing the feed efficiency in poultry and swine they should be a good bit bigger.
wink.png

Not all chick starter are medicated with Amprolium some contain Lasalocid, both are used for the Prevention and Treatment of Coccidiosis.

21% Gamebird by Zbong

INGREDIENTS: Soybean Meal, Corn-Cracked, Corn-Ground, Wheat - Ground, Rice Bran, Distillers dried grains, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Wheat Millrun, Vegetable Oil & Animal Fat Blend, Salt, Modified Lignosulfonate, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Amprolium, Bacitracin Methylene Disalicylate, Choline Chloride, Manganous Oxide, Iron Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid

For the sake of all the birds that needlessly die from coccidiosis I wish they would term starter feed something other than "medicated".

Maybe "Non Stupid"?

RIP little birds.

Medicated is the right word - what needs to happen is people need to stop thinking that modern medicine is some sort of evil conspiracy to make things sick. It's nuts.

Back
Top Bottom