Medicine HELP!

Libertyrose03

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2015
Texas
Can any one help me with finding the right medicine and supplements for common illnesses and were to find them inexpensive. I would like to know were you find things for your first aid kit and what you would have in it.

Its awesome you are planning ahead!

The internet has bulk supplies for cheap, but otherwise, you can get most of the supplies at your local store, pet store and feed store. You can buy medications specific for chickens at the feed store (wormers, antibiotics, corid, ect), you can buy bandages and ointments for people or pets in general at almost any store, and you can get bandages, thermometers, ect at pharmacies.
You can even buy already made first aid kits (so I hear) made specifically for pet birds (usually parrots, but lots of the supplies work for chickens to).

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
smile.png

Hello everyone! Do any of you recommend any of these: grow gel, save-a-chick, or vitamin electrolite concontrate?

I've heard that a lot of people use save-a-chick and it does work. I've never used any that I know of, I did use an electrolyte mix a few times.

Sorry for the spelling! Spell check! Does any of this sound good it is a type of grow gell type of thing:
Purified Water, Vegetable Oil, Hydrocolloids, Sunflower Flour, Molasses,
Corn Fiber, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Electrolyte Blend, Vitamin Blend
(Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Niacin[ B3], Choline Bitartrate,
Riboflavin [B2], Pantothenic Acid ]B5], Pyridoxal Phosphate [B6],
Thiamine [B1], Folic Acid [B9], Biotin [B7], Vitamin B12), Food Colors.
It is called hydroaid.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom