Meds Calculator

How are pills administered? One per chicken? How does that work?
It would depend on the illness and the chicken. Pills could be crushed and added to feed if you were treating more that one, but if treating just one you would probably want to give it orally.

Here is what I did just the other day... I have 42 animals in 4 stalls. The dosage was 0.005ml per kg... It was also supposed to be mixed with water prior to putting it in their waterer.
So I have different stalls with different weights... and the single dosage on top calculates the different dosage for each stall... then adds it all up... I know I needed 0.59ml medication in total... that I added it to the container for mixing and filled it to 100ml. Then I was able to use the "ml water mixture" to help me know how much each stall gets added to their waterer.
1596647816720.png

How did you know that? I am suggesting editing the calculator to include that.
It is added up as a total at the bottom... where it says total medication. It also gives total amount of kg (meaning the chickens) and total amount of chickens (numbers)
The medication is called Exolt and it is given thru the waterer to kill mites. They were really really bad so I opted for it. https://www.exzolt.com/

It is added up as a total at the bottom... where it says total medication. It also gives total amount of kg (meaning the chickens) and total amount of chickens (numbers)
The medication is called Exolt and it is given thru the waterer to kill mites. They were really really bad so I opted for it. https://www.exzolt.com/
I actually might have added one 0 to many in the dosage... but it was just an example. :confused:

Okay, I understand what you're doing, and your calculator will work fine for any medication as long as you know how many mls per kg to give.

The specs on the product say it's 10 mg fluralaner per 1 ml and to give 0.5 mg fluralaner per kg body weight (equivalent to 0.05 mL Exzolt) administered twice, 7 days apart.
2020-08-05 12_56_11-Exzolt Full Product Label _ Exzolt.png

Many medications do not say how many mls per kg to give, they usually say to give mg/kg. And almost all veterinary formularies say mg/kg.

Do me a favor, pretend you're gonna use 22.7 mg/ml Baytril to treat some disease in your flock and see if you come up with the same number I came up with.

Your flock weighs 117.5 kg
Baytril dose is 20 mg/kg
The dose for a flock that size = 103.52 ml.

Edited to add:
@abpatchy, I hope you don't think I'm picking on you, I actually think your calculator is quite clever! :hugs :bow

Okay, I understand what you're doing, and your calculator will work fine for any medication as long as you know how many mls per kg to give.

The specs on the product say it's 10 mg fluralaner per 1 ml and to give 0.5 mg fluralaner per kg body weight (equivalent to 0.05 mL Exzolt) administered twice, 7 days apart.
View attachment 2277861

Many medications do not say how many mls per kg to give, they usually say to give mg/kg. And almost all veterinary formularies say mg/kg.

Do me a favor, pretend you're gonna use 22.7 mg/ml Baytril to treat some disease in your flock and see if you come up with the same number I came up with.

Your flock weighs 117.5 kg
Baytril dose is 20 mg/kg
The dose for a flock that size = 103.52 ml.

Edited to add:
@abpatchy, I hope you don't think I'm picking on you, I actually think your calculator is quite clever! :hugs :bow
I thought you might and I also thought you’d be the best to work through making sure we could use this in the states. 😁

Back
Top Bottom