Meet CHippy

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
This is Chippy- hatched out on May 5th- this was my wiggly blue egg that I helped hatch, because she(please tell me I am right-SHE) was backwards and so twisted and stuck in the egg, I am surprised that she made it.

heh heh, camouflage:

allchicks057.jpg

I have many staggered hatches, and what I really wanted was her to hang out with her clutch survivor- the BG, who I think is Roo (please tell me I am wrong). However, he hates her, as does the barred rock pullet- same size. As does, Carmen.

allchicks036.jpg

Carmen and BG:

allchicks030.jpg

They tag team and beat her senseless, so that I have to rescue her. They have always hated her. Since they were just puffballs. They chase her and peck her head, tail, etc- much more than the normal 'pecking order' pecking.

So, CHippy lives with the little hatchers (2 and 1 week old). Never picks on them, and quite happy to be with them, more happy to be asleep on a person.
allchicks017.jpg

allchicks014.jpg

allchicks020.jpg

These are the bad baby EE (2weeks) that were fighting with all the others (my luck, they are all roos, though I hope not).

allchicks077.jpg

They were fighting so much with the others, that they got moved out to the coop with the three above. No problems so far, a little peck/chase, no big deal, though. These EE do not like Chippy either- my husband says she looks like hawk.

Poor Chippy has no group to belong to. I do not understand why none of the other chickens like her. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I put her in the house by herself. Hopefully when she is grown she will try to defend herself, or at the very least, scare the others away for the same reasons that they pick on her now.

Back
Top Bottom