Meet Horton, our newest edition! (NEW PICS! Pg. 3 Post #22)

Hi,yeah..dyson is still pretty small...but his mom and dad were pretty small also..so..that could be why...

I guess he's bigger then he looks in the pics, he's still pretty cute, did you see his parents? How big were they?

Dyson is pretty cute to, and looks so little! And I just love Hammie's color, he's got spots right?

Hilda's parents looked to be around 60lbs, I'm hoping she doesn't get much bigger then that, although I'll love her either way. But right now she's in the house, and I'm considering keeping her there (even though the original plan was to move her outside). I think they're supposed to average about a pound a week for their first year, and I've also heard they grow for 3 years, so we'll see.

The one thing about PBPs is they are solid and compact, and tend not to look as heavy as they are.

No, unfortunately I bought him at an auction, no parents in sight. I was told his mother was only about 40 pounds, but with him being so big already, I would have to say that's probably wrong. And I have no clue whatsoever about his dad. But we still love him!

Hey shelly..i think he is adorable also!..and i do think he is a pure PBP...dysons snout is longer than your guys' is!...honestly..your guy is SOO cute!...i'd take him anyday!...
big_smile.png

But he is huge compared to Dyson!! Maybe I'm feeding him too much, but he squeels so loud I can hear him at the road sometimes! (it's over 900 feet away!) Horton is definitely a fatty!!
ETA: but he still is a cutie pie! I miss his sweet little face of when I first got him...he was just a doll! (pg 1 pics
love.gif
)

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL..i know about the squealing!...
lau.gif
...they act like they will die if they dont eat RIGHT NOW!...
gig.gif
...but, remember how smart they are...mine squeal when they want their way..just like a toddler!...
gig.gif
..anyways..he's a doll!.., Wendy

Any tips on how to get him to not spill his water? I think he just likes to play with it. I really need to get him some toys. He has nothing atm, poor baby. What kind of toys would you get for a piggy?

I think they just grow at different rates, he may just mature faster then some. Hard to know how big he'll get, they do have quite a range in size, and he definately looks purebred.

I don't give in to Hilda if she squeals at me, to me it's like a kid throwing a tantrum, thankfully she's not much of a squealer, but she does occationally try to get me to feed her more often. She's still getting baby milk and cereal (so far she is turning her nose up at real pig food, but it's there when she's ready). If she asks early, or gets to insistant for her food I ignore her and she eventually gives up and takes a nap, that is when I'll feed her. I also don't let her go if she squeals when I hold her.

As for toys, it's been forever since I had one, so I'm really only going by what Hilda likes, but she likes to play w/ stuff, so I'm sure Horton would love some toys! I'm going to see if I can figure out how to put a video on youtube to share, but I've got a few of Hilda playing, in one she's grabbed a plastic bag I put some trash in and she's running around the room w/ it in her mouth spilling trash everywhere, she even shakes it like a dog. The thing she likes best though are stuffed animals, she attacks them, biting and shaking and jumping on them. She also enjoys pushing her bowls around, at first I figured she just wanted me to fill them, but I think she really enjoys pushing them, so I'm thinking she may also like a ball she can roll. I just ordered her some stuff toys of her own, so we'll see if they are as fun when they're hers!

As for the water (and I think you were asking redhen these things, but I'm sure you don't mind multiple answers), the only trick I can think of for the water is fastening it to something, otherwise he probably just enjoys knocking it over.

Thanks for the help Haviris. Technically I was asking redhen, but it doesn't matter who answers, as long as someone does! I was thinking of giving him a ball, I'll have to talk my son into giving up one of his! His water bowl is fastened to the 'gate' of his pen, but he still roots it! I have to fill it twice a day, probably more if I would check more often! I'll have to get one of those wide bottomed bowls, at least it would take him a while to be able to get under it! And he always has his food bowl moved to the complete other side of his pen, so I agree that they just like to play with them! I so wish I could bring him in! That would be so much fun! I guess it's a good thing that I don't have my own house, I would probably have a zoo! I live with my dad atm, and he won't allow any animals in the house, sort of. I have some quail and baby chicks in here right now, and will have some ducks before long, but he knows they need to be in.

Last edited:
Woohoo!! Horton let me pet him this morning!!
yippiechickie.gif
He was following me all around his pen too! I think he is almost there! I can't wait, I would love to take him out of his pen! I'm thinking I would have to use food to get him back in though! Yay!!!

Back
Top Bottom