Meet "Little Bill"

silentrunning

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2009
Venice, Florida
The small quail in these pictures is "Little Bill". He was hatched along with 11 others on the same day as the big one. He just quit growing after about 4 days. The others are feathering out nicely but Bill looks just exactly like he did 2 weeks ago. He eats just like the rest of them and drinks as much. He has no pasty butt and we took him out to see if he was going ok. He is. The others have all been taken out of the brooder, but Bill still needs the heat so we put him back in with one of the others to keep him company. This is no joke and I'm not trying to fool anybody. We just have a very small quail!

100_1288.jpg

100_1289.jpg

Quote:
Boyd, All 11 came from the same rooster and two hens that I have seperated. They are smaller birds than the other "families" I have, but they are very productive egg wise. The other 10 are the same size as the larger one and well feathered.

Doug

I hatched one like that in my first ever attempt at coturnix eggs - (eggs i got off ebay ) my little chick did everything the others did - ate drank pooped LOL

after a while my tiny little chick must have hit a growth spurt - because he grew almost twice his own size in no time - he was still slightly smaller than the rest but he got feathers finally and started to crow

I sent him to live at the zoo along with a handful of other coturnix - you have to really look hard to find him mixed in with the others now

Back
Top Bottom