meet Max, our newest German Shepherd rescue.

Hillsvale

Songster
10 Years
Oct 20, 2009
Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
We recieved a call from the shepherd rescue organization where we adopted our other shepherd. The humane society was notified of an abandoned three year old shepherd they felt was in such bad shape they wanted to put him down.. east coast geman shepherd rescue took him on.

Max lived with a 90 year old man who passed away about two months ago, the dog never went outdoors even to the point of usng the potty indoors. They tell us he was raised mainly on scraps... the old man's son went to clear out the house when he died but left Max behind... it was weeks before anyone clued up... he weighed 45 pounds when he was found and had learned to opened the toilet seat for water
hit.gif
.... he spend two months in foster care, he now weights 54 pounds and is still terribly thin, he is learning to trust Simon (men issues) and is blending very well, he hasn't any potty issues and is learning to eat regular meals..... if his head is an indication this boy will be on the large end of shepherds!
hugs.gif

I think the old man's son should be charged with animal cruelty but am so glad Max was found on time..... many thanks to all those emergency rescue organizations.
bow.gif

43249_max.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
How can I get one too??
Our shepherd is getting old and we'd really like to get her a companion for her to train. We rescued ours from the pound 10yrs ago.

Quote:
How can I get one too??
Our shepherd is getting old and we'd really like to get her a companion for her to train. We rescued ours from the pound 10yrs ago.

We are on the east coast of Canada but she actually has a bunch of dogs that were brought in from the states... somewhere in the south. She does very thoroughbackground checks and often visits the home so I doubt going to Florida would be in the cards but.....

If you google Shepherd Rescue societys... there are lots, I am sure there would be one closer to you.... thanks for thnking rescue rather than puppy!

Last edited:
My sister has a retired military dog - big commitment to take one of these, they don't just give them away to anyone. Max is a very lucky dog and I bet he'll be as loyal as the day is long.
love.gif

Miltonchix, here's a link to a German Shepherd rescue in Florida:

http://www.gsrfl.com/

Quote:
How can I get one too??

Hello Shelly,

This might seem a little silly (well maybe not to you) but I swear you can see it on his face.
"I am a little apprehensive, but I am willing to be the best dog ever!"
And, wow, I agree he will be a big dog once he get backs to a healthy weight.
Max, live long and be a good dog.

Beth

Thanks for the links. I've already been there and contacted, what turned out to be the Bay County shelter, about a gorgeous pure white female pup. (purebreed, according to her info)

Back
Top Bottom