Meet my family

rAZinBaBEEZ

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 4, 2009
York PA
Hello everyone !
smile.png
I want to introduce myself and my family..
smile.png
These are my kids, 3 mallard ducks, 8 months old.

44035_203656-r1-09-6a.jpg

We live in Pennsylvania, the winters are pretty cold , and wet. We decided to build a kennel around the pond, since my ducks spend pretty much all their time there. It is completely closed in, even the roof has the 2 inch fencing, so my babies can enjoy their life, with out having to worry about anything geting them..
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
My only question is, are they smart enough when they get cold, to go into their house to get warm? I put their food in the house, so it stays dry, and at least when it gets cold out side, they can come in and get warm. Do I have to still lock them in their house at night as it gets colder outside?

44035_203655-r1-11-11a.jpg

44035_203655-r1-05-5a.jpg

44035_203655-r1-04-4a.jpg

Hope you like the pics.

Your feather babies, pond, and run is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
welcome-byc.gif
from florida
I might just have to hire you and send you down here to help me build my pond, which Im still trying to get Hubby to agree on (turtle is starting to get too big for his tank and I want DUCKS as well as CHICKENS!!!!!!)

welcome-byc.gif
from Western Washington!

Yep, ducks know how to keep themselves warm.

It looks like the house is outside the run? If they prefer to be on the pond maybe you can make a little three sided area for them in the pond area.

wow! nice set up!! what a wonderful peaceful place you got going for your ducks.
interesting take on the fencing..? it looks like metal peices connected with wood?

thanks for sharing!
big_smile.png

Those are some lucky ducky's!!! What a beautiful set up!!! My ducks go into their shack la quack when they are tired/cold. Every now and then one of my girls will sleep while floating.

One question...how do you keep all that greenary around. Anything I plant by my pond the girls will eat up.

By the way...good to see you here...welcome from California

Last edited:
My ducks and I are packing our bags. We will be right down. What a great set up. I'm sure your ducks are very happy.

Tia

Admit it, you didn't really need to ask any questions, you just wanted to show off your gorgeous ducks and their setup.
wink.png

I hope someone can answer your questions, and thank you so much for sharing such wonderful photos.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom