Meet my family

I love the set up. Beautiful!! I have a question about your filter. What are you using? We are considering ducks in the spring and I'm reading that it's hard to keep a filter from getting, well....... all pooped up. Again, really nice!

Thank you for the wonderful comments
smile.png
The plants around my pond are evergreen low growing junipers. The ducks don't bother them at all. I trim the Juipers and other evergreens to cascade over the rocks. I have some goose necks, which is a small bush with white long flowers which the ducks don't seem to eat since the stems are pretty woody. The girls do like to make a nest and lay their eggs in the goosenecks, I guess since it is by the edge of the pond, my females seem to enjoy that. Besides that, I let my ducks out of their pen alot during the day, so they can graze on other green things...

My pond is about 5 years old, a little over 1000 gallons and about 5 ft deep. . I use a biological filter, because the duck poof has a high level of posphates that the bio - filter seems to work the best to nutualize it. This is man made, And the filter is a very fine mesh, to get all the small particules that float through the water. It is a lot more work with the ducks and the pond, then before I got my babies, but it is worth it. I change the filter pads once a day.

The picture of the kennel was taken during its construction. You can see the smaller kennel, with the duck house to the back. Since then, we have completed the kennel and the house is up on the upper level on the deck. I am hoping to have more pictures real soon
big_smile.png

Once again, thank you for the warm welcome, and kind comments.

Last edited:
I have to agree, your ducks are lucky. Great set up! As far as winterizing, ducks pretty much take care of themselves. They don't mind the snow. Our ducks made it through the winter quite well last year. I'm sure you won't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom