Meet my sweet babies!

Myah1011

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
I’m very new to this group but I thought I would share the new chicks I got last week, they are oh so adorable and I love them to pieces! This is my fist time owing turkeys and am a little sad that the first 2 I got were sick and died, but the new one I got is much more healthy, I’m getting another Turkey once another shipment arrIves in my area but for now I just have these 3 lovely little chicks! The Turkey is the mostly dark chick, they are a chocolate turkey named Taco! (Choco taco, if you know you know) the smallest chick is my Mille de Fleur bantam chick named Moth and the poofy one with the striped back is my Easter Egger Walnut! I love them all very much and am happy to see them all doing so well! They are fed Purina crumble and I put (sav a chick) electrolytes and probiotics in the water, they are less or about one week old and I haven’t had much problems (besides with Moth explained in a previous post) but overall good! Would love to hear If any of you have chicks as well and how it’s going for you! Also open to any questions :)

Attachments

• 59AC7AA9-1F1A-43B7-A6D1-B34CC7D6A178.jpeg
    59AC7AA9-1F1A-43B7-A6D1-B34CC7D6A178.jpeg
    775.8 KB · Views: 62
They are always so captivating to watch, they are so cute! I got 5 SLWs and 4 Silkies this spring, a few hiccups but overall doing well. 2 of my SLW are really poorly laced, and one has a neurological type issue that hasn't improved with vitamin supplementation, but she's cruising around ok, just acts a little tipsy.

Enjoy your flock!

They are always so captivating to watch, they are so cute! I got 5 SLWs and 4 Silkies this spring, a few hiccups but overall doing well. 2 of my SLW are really poorly laced, and one has a neurological type issue that hasn't improved with vitamin supplementation, but she's cruising around ok, just acts a little tipsy.

Enjoy your flock!
Yes they are very captivating, I currently have 17 chickens counting these guys and I recently got a silkie! Silkies are so cute and sweet and I was someone blessed with it being a girl, super cool that you got some silkies and I wish you the best of luck for them health wise!

Yes they are very captivating, I currently have 17 chickens counting these guys and I recently got a silkie! Silkies are so cute and sweet and I was someone blessed with it being a girl, super cool that you got some silkies and I wish you the best of luck for them health wise!
You're really got lucky! I have 4 silkies and only 1 is a pullet 😳 but I'm hatching a plan to get the hubby on-board with me getting silkie eggs from a local breeder and incubating them... lol!

You're really got lucky! I have 4 silkies and only 1 is a pullet 😳 but I'm hatching a plan to get the hubby on-board with me getting silkie eggs from a local breeder and incubating them... lol!
Haha! Good luck with that, takes forever for me to convince anyone to get some new chicks, hope you have better luck with getting more females, Your honestly doing better than me probably, already lost 3 chicks this year, just an hour ago I lost Moth, my Mille de fleur from the photo you see up there, it’s very heartbreaking to see moth go but at least she’s in a better place now.

Haha! Good luck with that, takes forever for me to convince anyone to get some new chicks, hope you have better luck with getting more females, Your honestly doing better than me probably, already lost 3 chicks this year, just an hour ago I lost Moth, my Mille de fleur from the photo you see up there, it’s very heartbreaking to see moth go but at least she’s in a better place now.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always so sad to lose a chick.

Back
Top Bottom