Meet my tribble!

You done right thing she is such a cutie tho i want a frizzle but i already got 4 11 week silkie mixes, cheshire blue a legbar mix, 2 black sex links, buff orp and a warren/RIR mix lol 😂😂

They are totally adorable. There was a gorgeous partridge frizzle when I went to pick out silkie/mixes, but I felt so bad for this little creature that I had to bring her home.

I swear chicken math is going to be my downfall. I have 5 big girls on top of 3 silkie mixes in a 4x4 coop, so I'm pretty much over capacity. I'm working on a second coop for the silkies, but that not's done yet....
every time I walk past the chick area in TSC I need to remind myself that there's no way that I'm going to have space for 6 more chickens once the cute balls of fluff grows up! I'm so glad that chick season is finally over, lol

Update in the Tribble...
Her eyes are better, but not fully recovered. Sometimes in the morning they’ll be glued shut, and
I would need to help her get them unstuck. Because of her eye problem she often misses her food and pecks at air, it’s sad but cute, reminds me of that roo in Moana, lol.
As far as I can tell, she hasn’t grown much. She should be about 15 weeks now, and the 11 week olds started to outgrow her.

I’m really glad she has so much life in her despite her disabilities, she eats like a champ. I saw her on her side today, legs sticking out and was like....oh no, it finally happened... but it turns out she was just sun and dust bathing - on solid ground. I worry a bit about her little chicken IQ, but the derpiness has its charms.

the other two are 12 weeks now, so the tribble should be about 16wo... not growing too much in both size and meat, despite eating a tonne.

His poop seems normal, I’ve looked for worms, but haven’t seen signs and so decided not to deworm him. The good news is, his eye has pretty much recovered, and he/she is now very active and can jump a foot!

The younger two are getting their adult voices, while tribble is still chirping, I’m worried, but all I can do is continue to watch his progress - if any.

Attachments

• 6C0E2FA8-7E79-4070-9AC0-EC7DBA855F57.jpeg
    6C0E2FA8-7E79-4070-9AC0-EC7DBA855F57.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 3
  • C56B4F13-C5CE-4C2D-BF1D-B1D30BF6F848.jpeg
    C56B4F13-C5CE-4C2D-BF1D-B1D30BF6F848.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom