Meet Pearl

Oh she's absolutely PRECIOUS!! :love And I am not a fan of Bantams! She deserves all treats.You won't be able to say no to that sweet chickie face.:gig Congrats!
Aw thanks šŸ˜Š she is super cute, and will be treated like the precious Pearl she is. Looking forward to seeing her adventures around the garden šŸ˜€

Pearl is settling in beautifully in her new home. She is a perky, happy, gentle and smart little pullet. I absolutely adore her and am so delighted at how things have turned out.

I should delve a little deeper here... and give a little back story. A few months ago I was gifted 2 sebright hens from a friend. Ag the silver promptly went broody on unfertilised eggs so she was given some from 2 of my hens. Apparently she was never very nice to the golden girl anyway, but leaving Au the golden hen to get used to the new home alone. Au came to me with just 1 toe intact from a severe case of bumblefoot. She is doing really well, but is still healing and is slow and rests a fair bit. She definitely was lonely and in my opinion needed a real buddy. She hadn't ventured out of the brooding enclosure although I have taken her on many short tours, carrying her, introducing her to other birds.. which she has enjoyed but definitely is nervous if not being held during intros.

I woke up on the day I got Pearl knowing that I had to get to that one particular pet corner.. and when I saw Pearl I knew it was she that I came for. On the day I put Pearl into a holding coop by the adult chickens, Au came out of the enclosure and traversed the garden, past the pool to lie right next to Pearl's pen chirping & twittering at each other for the rest of the day. That night I put them together into Au's own coop and they have been inseparable since then. Pearl is never very far from Au.. and Au is becoming more curious about the world beyond the enclosure. They are happy and that is just perfection. Yayyyyy!!

20210321_085119.jpg
20210321_085054.jpg
20210321_084925.jpg
20210321_084901.jpg
20210321_085425.jpg

I found a pic of them on the day they met. With Au having come all the way over to keep Pearl company on her first day at her new home. Just an adorable little pair of fluffs

IMG-20210308-WA0033.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom