Meet Sticky and her ducklings! (pics)

adorable
big_smile.png

thanks all!

Gloria's right, Sticky sure will let the other animals know that they don't need to come near her babies. but, she doesn't chase or carry on, just nods her head at them and gives them a quack.

they had quite a swim this morning...they are getting used to the place. (don't worry, Gloria, i wont let them get TOO used to it!)

Such a lady, that Sticky is.

I came home with little chicks the other day and my son came over and he came up to me and said, "Mom, I'm sorry but I don't think those are ducks, ok?" Always the smart butt!

He tried to get me some twice last spring, one place was out of little duckies. The other place he went to he got them and was standing at the register. When two little kids came up and seen them. They turned to their Mom and asked if they could please get some baby ducks. My son had the last 2 ducks the place had. So of course, being my sweet son, he handed them over to the kids.

So this family is very happy we found Miss Jayne! We still don't have any ducks, but I look at it this way... They are just over visiting with Miss Jayne and the gang. lol

Last edited:
well...here's a pic of the gang today, Gloria, so you wont miss them too much!
ETA: our family is glad we found you too! Elizabeth, the chicken catcher, especially!

12425_hpim0495.jpg

Last edited:
Is Miss Elizabeth a great duck catcher too? They are all so beautiful. Thanks for the pics. I showed them to DH last night and he's already picked out the one he wants. So I told him I'll see if you can have that one or if Miss Jayne has her heart set on that one or not.

how cool is that! just let me know. the young lady who gave them to us wants me to hold on to a certain one so she can visit it. it was terrified of water and wouldn't follow momma. they had to help it over and over. they named it Aquaphobia!

in the end, they are all going to be cute!

Awww! Here I was telling myself how lucky I was that all 3 of our straight-run picks turned out to be girls and then you show me this mama and babies. Now I need a drake so I can have fuzzy babies around our place!

Back
Top Bottom