Meet the Little Barn Girls

littlebarngirl

Songster
Apr 2, 2017
Flower Mound, Texas
Owning chickens was a first for me about 3 years ago. I moved from CA to Flower Mound, TX. Our new home was the perfect place to build the Little Barn outback for the girls! I've had as many as seven chickens at one time, but right now we have 4 girls living in the coop outback and 4 teenage chickens (about 8 weeks old) living in their garage tub apartment. We have a Barred Rock, 2 Plymouth Rock,1 Delaware, 3 Sussex and 1 Orpington. (my best guess on the breeds) Our Little Barn Girls are wonderful to own. They are very friendly, love to free range, enjoy an occasional bath or meal worm treats. In my spare time I enjoy camping, gardening, cooking, crocheting, hanging out with the Girls and my dog. My husband enjoys camping, cars, and hanging outback. Our dog, Martin is a year old Lab mix and he is very good with our chickens. He thinks he's their guardian and follows them about the yard. I have two adult sons, two adult daughters and 3 grandkids. They all love to visit the chickens and help when it’s time to name new ones. Our Little Barn Girls are Black Bean, Cornelius, Trooper, Peanut, Butter, Sunny, Pancake & Chirpy. I have to admit, I’ve looked up BYC many times and found valuable answers to caring for my chickens and I finally sat down to introduce myself to Y’all!
clip_image001.png

Back
Top Bottom