Meet Tweaker

Prettiest Frog

Cooped Up
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
Tweaker is a fun little chick. He (gender assumed, don't know for sure) is an excellent escape artist and likes to leave the brooder to visit the button quail. We aren't sure how he manages to keep escaping, but he does. He's friendly, personable, likes to perch on people, and is a chatterbox. He also happens to be one of Sonew's grandchickies.

We've been keeping an eye on Tweaker due to his birth defect, but he seems happy, healthy, and like I said, personable. He eats and drinks just fine, up to and including some tasty worms and corn on the cob. So, for now, we'll let him be and just keep him out of the breeding pool. And enter him into every funny-looking bird contest we can find.

45983_tweaker1.jpg

45983_tweaker2.jpg

45983_tweaker3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like one of his parents was a Pine Crossbill!!!
lau.gif
Love the mohawk look! I hear it's coming back in style this year!
gig.gif
So, can we expect wonderfuly writen stories of Tweeker to fill in on the off times when Rhonda has a quiet day? Please?!?! Pretty Please? Pretty! Pretty! Pretty Please! With sugar on top???
bow.gif

Quote:
Tweaker is still young, so his stories pretty much come down to:

'Today we found Tweaker in the laundry room window'
'Today we found Tweaker in the dog food bag'
'Today we found Tweaker in the clean laundry'
'Today we found Tweaker in the dirty laundry'
'Today we found Tweaker hanging off the side of the button quail aviary'
'Today we found Tweaker in the tool cabinet'

But a new sign has gone up, since the brooder is in the laundry room:

'Please make sure Tweaker is in the brooder before you start the washer or dryer'

The brooder is a humongous rubbermaid container, over which I have the leftover netting from building the button quail pens. HOW he keeps getting out is a mystery. I think the beak functions as some sort of chicken lock-pick.

I think you're going to have to give Tweeker some equal time in the avatar department. That face is just too darn cute!
gig.gif
Maybe flip back and forth between Rhonda and one of those pics you've posted of Tweeker. Both are such expressive faces.

I get the strangest looks from people who don't have chickens when I try to describe the "look" on the face of a chicken who has just been caught in the act of scratching in a flower bed that she knows she's not supposed to be in!
lol.png
I think I'm going to have to start showing them pictures of your chicken children PF! Some of those say it so much better than I could ever try to explain!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom