***Meeting Adjourned***the Devine Sisters of the hatchinghood...

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
Please get out your sacred head dresses, put on your moo-moo's, light a few candles, and join me in the backyard for the annual dance of the hatching gods. We'll need to make it an extra special session tonight...

BECAUSE I HAVE A PIP ON MY FIRST BUFF EGG EVER!!!!
dancing%20smiley.gif

I've been waiting a YEAR for this, and so far this year we've only had TWO, yes TWO fertile eggs between my birds, and my friends.

I lost the first one, probably to humidity issues last week. This is the last remaing fertile egg between my flock and my friends for the time being. Both our roosters are still very young, so it should get better in the next few months, but WOOWHOOO it feels good to have a years worth of work come to an end, and see this first buff chick hatching out!

Pics to come tomorrow! (hopefully)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes for a wonderful hatch. I'm moving some eggs to the hatcher too.
fl.gif
for both of us!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Got the headress, the mu-mu, and lit a Tiki torch. Will that work?

The Divine Sisters of the Hatchinghood are all ready-

Can ya feel the vibes???

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

I'm feeling them... LOL

It's such a relief to see the pip. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but man its good to see this.

These birds were bought as babies. I've raised them, shown them, and now I'm hatching from them. I REFUSED to buy started birds because I wanted to do this variety from the ground up. And hopefull we are getting there.

The only new bird I added was the buff pullet I got in last week, but these eggs were set way before then.

Back
Top Bottom