Meetup at California State Fair in July @ Chicken exhibit building!

Yikes! you have a lot of birds these days. Good thing you called it the Omelet Ranch, because you wouldn't want to have to turn that many Over Easy.
big_smile.png

good to know the hatching went well!

I had some difficulties getting an appointment (my fault, not Rachel's). I'm really wanting to get her birds because they are the exact same age as my Ameraucana's. I think integrating them will be much easier that way. I'm hoping we'll connect tonight after Rachel finishes for the day.

Did you figure out if the tickets are transferable? I'm not a senior, but I might be going, and could buy the other one from you.

good that you could cancel the tickets.

yes, I've heard good things about Rachel's birds, and met one personally when she came to visit one day (the bird visited, not Rachel.)
big_smile.png

I think you need your own Fall Chickenstock.
smile.png

Well not this weekend, but the Junior Poultry competition is the 19th, 20th, and 21st (today through Wednesday). If you can get out there during the week, you might want to try that! I know Debbie's daughter is competing with her chooks on those days (I think she's a 4H'er), so even though its kids competing, kids have parents & kids are sometimes also great resources--particularly if they care so much about their birds that they are competing at the state fair! If you can get away during the week, those are good days to go.

Fur & Feathers is in the big building with the concrete towers that stick up in the middle of the fairgrounds & you can see it from pretty much anywhere you are at Cal Expo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom