Meetup at California State Fair in July @ Chicken exhibit building!

Kfchickenlady, so sorry you can't make it Saturday for the gathering, but we'll be thinking of you!

There's always next year.
big_smile.png
That's the beauty of the state fair. They do it every year!

hmm.png
I know I know, I wanted to come sat, but my DH is working that day till 3, and we are 2hrs away. Well, you guys have a great time, and we will all enjoy looking at the chickens anyway
big_smile.png
(Dairy goats too)
wink.png

I absolutely love ALL of the animal exhibits and competitions. We've already gone once & had a fun time. I've heard there aren't as many people this year, but the UP side of that is that it's less crowded! The day we went, the FFA kids were showing their sheep. There's always that one that's such a beautiful specimen but SO doesn't want to be there & is giving her handler a bad time, and ya just feel for the poor kid who has put her heart and soul into raising this animal and today of all days she acts up!

There's just something about farm animals... I dunno. I just like 'em.

lol.png
That kid wouldve been my son last year showing his
Boer goat, he took him dirt skiing across the arena, but got a round of applause, the ones that lead good at home dont always do so when it counts and vice versa...
tongue.png

I'm going to check and see if I can get a list of which competitions will be occurring at what times. At any rate, all the chooks will be on display! Even before I was a chicken person, that was always my favorite part of the fair. Perhaps some part of me deep inside always knew I'd get sucked into Chickeneering....

Quote:
Cheryl, will you let me know as soon as you've made a decision on which ones you're gonna rehome? I think I might have thinned down too much. That plus the 2 that I lost to predators has made my flock numbers lower than what I wanted!

I'm especially interested in the Delawares, the Sussex and the Barnevelders.
smile.png

As it stands right now, the head count for this year's state fair gathering (including myself) is 2. I really don't think I"m gonna go to the trouble of going to the fair today if nobody else is coming.

Is anyone going?

Back
Top Bottom